Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Week 4 - Stickam to Them




Today was the last time to be in the class and it bitter sweet. I have learned so much about copyright and kind of wonder what we will learn when it comes to teacher inservice what we will be learning this year. That's right I said teacher inservice at my school district each year we have to go through training over the new and old copyright laws. We have to make sure that our students follow them so that there is not an issue for the district or state. In our final discussion with the group we discussed about the Creative Commons. So what exactly is creative commons and do you know if you are using it the right way. Well first lets look at what creative commons is. It is an non-profit that gives alternative to full copyright. It allows people to take other people's pictures and use them. I really did learn a lot from the creative commons talk because I don't know if this is something that we will be discussing this year at inservice but I did forward the information to my principal. I want to say thanks for teaching so much during this class and helping me to have a better understanding on things that can help me in the future. I have really enjoyed the class.

2 comments:

  1. Aletha,

    I commend your school district for requiring teachers to participate in a copyright inservice. I've never even seen an inservice pertaining to copyright offered in my school district, and I feel so relieved that I learned more about it this month. Especially, creative commons! I've now used creative commons for pictures on my blog and I'm extremely happy with the organization. Best of luck to you as we finish Month #9. 92 days until graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copyright is at the center of thousand of lawsuits and this struggle between old media corporations and new media artists. It is very important that we as educators and influencers have some handle on this important subject. As with most knowledge in this generation it is not a static "I can tell you in one paragraph"kind of thing and that's one of the reasons that it's so confusing for so many.

    ReplyDelete