Sunday, July 19, 2009

Week 2 - Reading - Convergence Culture

In the reading for this week it just really had an profound affect on me as a teacher. I really see myself as that person that was all bent out of shape when it came to the Harry Potter books and why are Christians reading them. I never thought of me as one of those people but I really am. As I got to the end of chapter 5, I came across a couple of lines that really were powerful to me. We don't need to be adults that teach children and they learn but rather where the children are teaching themselves. This is a problem that many teachers are facing when it comes to technology because they are scared of it but we need to allow the children to be creative. I remember this video that Dr. Ludgate showed and it has never left my mind and it deals with the same issue here. It is called Pay Attention and it telling teacher, parents, anyone that will listen how to use the technology that we have to allow the students to learn.



Resource

jsdt4.(2007).Pay Attention - Final Cut.Retrieved June 7, 2007, from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT2E2F0DmyE

1 comment:

  1. That is a big step, to recognize how we can be more effective by encouraging our students to teach each other.

    ReplyDelete