Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Week 4 - Comment to Melissa's Blog


It is the end of the road and my last comment to a fellow classmates blog. So here it is:
All I can say is that I bow to you!! I bet that book would be a tremendous help with the thesis but I decided to send it to my friend. She loves reading things and editing it so that is up her alley. Let me know if that book is any help because I may have my students look into using that when we have to write lab papers. I can help you with Ning anytime that you would like and have an teachers opinion about it too. We had to use it when I worked with Best Buy to help with their program to get teachers and students involved in their stores and maybe building stores that are catered to teachers.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 04:35 PM
Melissa's Blog
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
A Note from the Editor
This week I’ve had to remain focused and also determined to finish my final project, blogs, comments, readings, and finally the THESIS. I’m currently in the process of editing my thesis before I submit tomorrow, and I do feel confident about what I’ve drafted up so far. Last Friday, I purchased a book called Edit Yourself by Bruce Ross-Larson at Barnes and Noble. (I really could spend a whole weekend there...don’t try me.) I’ve found it to be very resourceful when it comes to word choice; of course I plan to use it in my Language Arts class as well.

What I’m not feeling confident about is our thesis media project. I know what I want to do, but I don’t know how or what to use. If you have any suggestions on what I should use to design an online professional development community I’d greatly appreciate it. These past few weeks I’ve played with Sharepoint, Ning, and Moodle, but I still need to find the ins and outs off all.

Best of Luck finishing up the Thesis, All!



Resources:

Week 4 A Note From the Editor. Melissa Hill. Retrieved July 29, 2009 from
http://web.me.com/melissaah/Site_4/week_4/Entries/2009/7/29_A_Note_from_the_Editor.html#

Photo by Dirty Footprints (2008). Gesso & Wrting. Retrieved October 20, 2008 from http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirtyfootprints/2959428371/

2 comments: