Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week 3 - Thesis


I must say that this week I have slack off when it came to my thesis and will be writing like a machine this upcoming week. There were so many things that were in my way to distract me. I had plenty of help from my friends but they had me really going with their weddings. I put my thesis to the back burner and really think that I will regret this in the long run. I have powerful facts and great quotes from doctors, lawyers, and teachers that I spoke to when I was at the receptions. So, maybe I didn't get rid of work all together at all. I still was thinking of school. I just really can't believe that in a few days I will be turning in a paper that I have worked on so hard and recieve constructive criticism on. I am a bit nervous about this it is like giving your child to the world and hoping that everyone likes them. As, I sit here and think that all of this I just tell myself the fun is over and now it is back to the thesis.

Photo taken by my mother of me and my God brother at the wedding instead of writing my thesis

3 comments:

  1. You will get your thesis done, Aletha. Don't worry. I hope you enjoyed your weekend with family and friends. Just think next week at this time we will have our thesis turned in and starting a new course. Wow. Great picture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am like the Apostle Paul who had a thorn in his side. I don't want to hear this word for at least a year after I finish the program. It is a ringing in my ear and the force that suppresses the feeling of peace, carefreeness, and fun in my life.

    Yes, I do love the work that we're doing, but I have been experiencing more anxiety than I have ever felt in my life. The pressure to do a great job among these experts, when I am just a novice is a bolder among my chest.

    The stones and mockery of the public are chastising me. I am ashamed of my work at times and wish there was more time, more strength, and more work ethic that would push this thing into a glorious and revolutionizing piece.

    I may just be putting more pressure on myself than usual, but it truly does grip me. The thought that I cannot bear would be taking a hiatus because the omen of it would cast its shadow among my mind and drive me to insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, but the fun isn't over... it's just a different kind of fun. :-D

    ReplyDelete